Monday 12 November 2007

Secrets

Rewind
We were 250km north of Manila, 1500 meters above sea level. It was 2am in Baguio city.
We were stumbling drunk when we got out of the army barracks where we were staying. We needed some fresh air.
Who would have thought Red horse, bubblegum and watermelon lambanog would make for a very potent mix.

That was the night we saw Aubrey.

My companion looked at me.
"saatin lang `to `kay?" [this stays between us okay?']

I nodded.

"How was your cousin's the buck's night"
"It was alright.."
"And.."
"And... what?"
"Details!!!"
*chuckle* "Hehehe. I can't tell.. what happens in a buck's night stays in a buck's night"

I knew it was unfair to snob my girlfriend of the fruity juicy things that happened on my cousin's bucks (stag) night.

But I was just toying with her.

I think its cute when she gets all curious and all.

My cousin's buck night was on a boat. What a prissy way I hold beer.

But honestly, there's nothing really spectacular about that night.

Just the usual debauchery you'd expect when you gather two dozen, twenty-thirty something males add ample alcohol and mix in two half (?) naked blondes.

You can check the videos if you want.

But on that note, I was wondering where couples draw the line on things they tell their partners.

You see, I got an email from a friend. It read,
"dun go telling everyone... keep it down low..."

And suddenly I'm thinking, here's a situation where two different forms of trust (trust with a very close friend and trust with my lovely partner) are coming into conflict.

Cos I love my friends.

And I love my girlfriend.

But is one trust more important than the other?

The river cruise has a throw overboard policy on guys wearing Borat's swimsuit

Let's say hypothetically, I may have done something.
And I made a pact with a friend not to tell anyone.

So as far as everyone in this world is concerned, nothing happened. Well.. not everyone. My friend and I (maybe someone else if they remember) know otherwise.

And if my partner should happen to learn of the things that happened.... well.... it could potentially change things.

Potentially.

So, I'm guessing I should take the 'what she doesn't know won't kill her' approach.

"Bro's before ho's" as put crudely by some guys.

But then once you start hiding things, you're not being honest anymore and that, I know, is a dangerous path to if you want a long, loving, lasting relationship.

Where is that thumb going?

And so my brain goes to fried overdrive.

I need a beer.

And to hold it properly as well.

No comments: