Wednesday 17 June 2009

Confessions


I was keeping a secret.

The last weekend saw the truth out.

And with that, I may have hurt and upset my girl.

It wasn't suppose to turn out this way.

But then again I'm not surprised.
I was consciously hiding something from her and I would be upset too if she was hiding something from me.

But I assured her this was all innocent.

And she had nothing to worry about....

except maybe me turning to a diet coke man.


****

Now before you let your imagination drive you to some steamy back seat affair with a Eurasian model... (which sounds pretty good actually :P) I want to sidetrack to my muffin.

My muffin top to be precise.

Early this year, holidays, stress, eating out and the amount of inactive computer work I've been getting myself into has allowed me to grow nice curvy love handles.


When wearing jeans (which all seemed to have magically shrunk), skin would spill over to form the muffin top I've been ashamedly fearing.

I wouldn't say I've gotten fat.

But it would seem that I've let myself go when I'm too embarrassed to use the Wii fit because I'm now in the yellow 'obese' zone (even though I'm just heavy boned).

When my girlfriend and I went to a dinner party back in April, the topic of conversation was the exercise regime everyone was doing.

Oh goody.

I felt very left out because the only exercise I did was standing up to go to the loo when playing Left 4 Dead.

And even that was chore.

I preferred the bottle method.

But what was really embarrassing was seeing my girlfriend work so hard to keep herself fit. She really pushes herself and puts in that extra effort on top of her busy schedule. Where I just enjoy the spoils her work and get myself lardier.

I couldn't do that to her.

So when the stuff for my house finally finished, I got back to scheduled exercising!

Yes! By gosh it feels good to be back exercising. Our work gym lets me do cardio and lift weights during this cold winter season.

But rather than tell my girlfriend I've been working out, I figured it would be a lot funnier if I surprised her with something like this:

Will: Hi Anh. Thirsty? Would you like a drink?
Anh: yeah sure!

Will: How about grabbing something from THIS six pack!
*lift up shirt and show ultra rock hard washboard abs* Oh yeah!

Anh: *blush* Oh my! Now I'm really thirsty!!

That can SO totally work!

Or maybe we go out walking at night;

Will: Hey it's really dark around here...
Anh: It is... but you'd protect me right?!
Will: Of course baby! Me and these guns will look after you
*pull sleeve, flex arms and expose huge biceps* Oh yeah!!

Anh: *blush* Oh my! Shoot me now! Bang! Bang!!

Sadly I'm still a long way from six packs and killer guns. It's only been around seven weeks. And my gym attendance has been rather sporadic.

Nethertheless, my arms have gotten a bit bigger so much that the shirts my girlfriend arranged for my birthday were too tight.

This confused her because she thought she knew my size really well. She thought she knew everything about me.

So it was a bit of a shock when I told her I was doing this 'for Sparta'.

No comments: