Thursday 6 September 2007

Hair cut


The barber asked me what cut I wanted.

I kinda just sat there dumbfounded.

Haircut.. umm.... Can I call a friend?

"number two ... at the sides??
and maybe a three on the top? .."'


Hang on.. that's what my brother gets. Ooops.
I think its because he gets the same hair cut all the time that's why I remember that.
Where as I don't.

My effeminate Iraqi barber pouted his wet lips and disagreed.
"No..no no.. that won't do.. thats too short.. number three is like this,"
and he bowed down to show me his crown. "You wan't it to look like this?"

Helll no! I screamed in my head. Don't want my head looking like a monkey's breast.

"I'll esskissor cut the top ohhkaaay.."
"Um.. alright.. sounds good.."

****

As you can see, I don't really fuss about my hair. If it looks nice that would be a plus, but if its not... oh well.. at least I get to live another day.

For some people a change in hairstyle means a change in lifestye. Deep. But haircuts definitely give a fresh new look into life. Thats probably why after a failed relationship most people get their hair re-done. A change in the head crop helps with the healing and change inside I guess.

But we should be having a fresh outlook to life everyday! Don't need break-ups to do that!

hehehee.

I'm actually not that energetically optimistic.
I'm just trying to find an excuse for my weird hair patterns.

I get my hair cut from all over the place. One time its from a barber, one time from a hairstylist, one time from my mom and once in a while (if I'm desperate and I'm starting to harbor nits) my brother cuts my hair. I just go with whatever's convenient (or on special that day). Thus putting me on the other end of the spectrum of some people I know.

But whatever makes people happy right?

I have a box at home with hair products recommended by various people who's cut my hair.

I've got wax, gels, putty, jelly, hairspray, jelly-wax, putty-wax, gel spray, putty-jelly. They have a mat finish or can be oil-slick shinny. The hair hold strength varies from feather touch to rock-solid industrial-cement grade super crunchy hard.

And I've hardly used any of them. Most of them have discoloured already, but I've kept 'em for special occasions. To which I'd use a dab from each pot and make a nice mix of 'special occasion magic gel'. Its a secret recipe (its also a stain and rust remover, lubricant, dental whitener, but is very flammable).

In the end it doesn't really matter for me.

If Brad Pitt can get away with any hair cut, I can get away with any hair cut (*ahem *ahem Brad Pitt and I are on the same league in good lookingness).

While on the topic of grooming, my girlfriend laughed at me because I use my lynx shower gel as my full body cleansing solution.

Why do I need a shampoo, conditioner, soap, facial cleanser when a fully body gel does all of it in one go? The way I look at it, soap removes dirt.
And dirt doesn't differentiate if it wants to land on your face or your hair or your belly button.

So one soap to clean it all I reckon.

No comments: