Tuesday 18 September 2007

10 Year High School Reunion

I was a bit apprehensive at first.

I was worried that everyone else had grown to do bigger, better, more adult things (you know... stuff that included more responsibility and such...).

JB and GC were my primary school classmates. He used to be as tall as my belly button. She's now a mother of two.

But as I mingled with my past classmates and buddies, I realised that everyone was pretty much same-same.
Simo and Osh. Simo is now a father of two and this was his first night out in 10 months. Osh's identical twin brother is now in Melbourne.
Of course there was the obvious.

Hair styles have changed - some have grown more hair, some have lost hair.

Some have lost weight, some have tripled their size (ZOMG what happened to some of these girls?!).

Some have gotten engaged, some already married and others now single and separated.

The first girl I ever went out with. And girl I had the biggest crush on.

Some have traveled the globe, joined the army or have even started rock bands.

But everyone is still reaching out for their dreams and doing the odd things they did in high school.
B stands for Best bud.

It was just my overactive imagination expecting changes of Ricky-Lake proportions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reunions are good but i am also apprehensive.

ha ha Some have lost weight, some have tripled their size (ZOMG what happened to some of these girls?!) that was a funny reaction.