Wednesday 18 October 2006

The Longest Journey

I haven’t blogged for a while because I’ve been busying myself with a video game called Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

Not many have heard of it. It’s a sequel to the PC game - The Longest Journey.
It follows the story of a girl named Zoe Castillo in her quest to find the truth about her friend who mysteriously disappeared.
I find the game particularly enjoyable because it isn't a button bashing exercise. The game relies on wits to solve puzzles – which are challenging but are not frustratingly taxing.
There are no power-ups, no leveling up, no resting and healing. Just old fashioned point-and-click RPG.

The game is very story driven and you’ll find yourself spending 70% of the time just watching cutscenes. Which is good for me because the story is awesome :)
I was really into this game. The voices, the characters, the soundtrack! It felt like an extended movie. Infact it was even better, because I could interact with the environment!
But seriously - really great game. Totally worth the 20 or so hours I've invested on it :) You'll need to have played (and enjoyed) the first game to fully appreciate this. The first game is kinda old now, but is still highly recommended by yours truly.
I can't wait for the next installment!

No comments: