Tuesday 27 June 2006

World Cup Rice Burgers

Everyone is getting on the 2006 World Cup bandwagon nowadays. Even Maccas in HK are on it. They've released for a limited time only 2 special world cup meals. I was "lucky" enough to try one of them during my visit.
I present you the McDonald's Crispy Chicken World Cup Rice Burger Meal!


What do you get in you meal?
1) Plum-peach Iced Tea - now I'm a big fan of lemon iced tea. Actually, I LOVE LEMON ICED TEA. If a place lets you order bottomless lemon iced tea, I'm there! Its my favourite non alcoholic beverage. But seriously, this plum-peach drink has some serious issues. I can't quite describe the taste - but its sweet with a horrible sour-salty-Chinese-herbal-medicine-pencil-sharpening kinda taste.

2) Corn in a cup - its corn in a cup. What more can I say? It comes with cute Maccas margarine?
3) Crispy Chicken Rice Burger - now I've never had a rice burger before so I was quite excited. I'm Asian and I love rice and I also love burgers. Combining it should make it better right?
I've never been so disappointed in my life.
The chicken was nice. It was crispy, savory and a little bit spicy. But the rice patties were soooo wrong. I was thinking its your plain rice molded into patties when grilled or fried to 'seal' its shape. But nope. Its sticky glutonous rice. So my rice burger experience was disappointingly slimy. The tastes just didn't jive. I ended up skipping the rice bits and just eating the bird-flu chicken patties.

4) Pineapple slices - Adding salt makes it a little bit sweeter. Yummy.
Rice burger meal final verdict - ordering this meal will make ordinary pineapples taste really really really good! :P

No comments: