Tuesday 8 March 2011

Income protection emo

What would you do if you were told that you only have five months to live? Or just as important, what would you do if your partner had only five months to live?

I know this is such a gloomy subject. And I know I'm sounding like a life insurance salesman but these questions hit me real hard a few weeks ago. A few freaky things happened which reminded me just how fragile life is and that were on borrowed time.

It hit me specially hard because I'm at a really happy stage of my life. The thought of not being able to see my wife or my family was a real gut wrencher.

I remember being asked if I had income protection, which I dont. I figured if something tragic were to happen to me or my wife, then our lifestyle would have to change to meet that change. Plus with the both of us working, thats probably as good as income protection. But what's the point of protecting income when surely life is more important?

I guess all I'm really saying is where my priority in life is. Its not on a house, a car, a job or lifestyle. Its seeing those I love smile and laugh and cry and all things in between. What would be the point of having money without anyone to spend it on?

No comments: