Friday 26 October 2007

Boxed

Probably the heaviest barbecue chicken in the world.

Its like made of lead or something.

It was super heavy.

And I'm already using two hands and I can feel my muscles straining and aching.

Geeeze!! I felt I was gonna get hemorrhoids just by carrying it!
And this was just at the warm food section at Woolies!!

Phew!!

Relief after I got the chicken into the trolley.

*sigh*

This was gonna be a very long shopping experience.


***** Three hours earlier *****


"RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN!!!
KEEEP THOSE WEIGHTS CHEST HIGH!!
MOVE IT! MOVE IT MOVEEEEE IT!!!!" screamed the overly muscled Michelin-man of a gym instructor.

"YOU DIDN'T COME HERE TO WALK SO MOOOOOOVE YYOOOUR LAZY ASSES!!!
YOU CALL THAT A PUNCH??!!!
YOU CALL THAT A PUNCH?!!
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!
MOOOOVE IT!!!"

I swear he could get a stroke screaming like that.

But it didn't matter how much he screamed.

I couldn't do anything anymore. My arms were dead.
The 3kg dumbbells have sapped strength out of my arms and no amount of motivational screaming could change that.
(maybe if he shaved his chest and didn't wear the gold chain, I could also take him a bit more seriously)

"How much more of this do I have to do?" I asked AJ.
"Well.. we've just started.. maybe 45 more minutes..."
"Ohh... great..."

The next hour consisted of more sprinting, jogging, frog-jumps, jabbing, uppercuts, hooks. Then when Michelin man decided to 'wind it down' we did 100 push ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 crunches.

Evil bastard.

Maybe the roids got to his brain or something.

***** Two days earlier *****

"Man, I'm sooooo sore. I've been doing this boxing class in Stirling. Its soooo hard!!" complained AJ.

"AJ?! Come on man!! Those exercise classes are easy!!
I think my girlfriend did a few of them last week!!"

And if my girlfriend who could barely do four push-ups can do it, I'm pretty sure everyone can do it.

So I took AJ's offer to join his boxing exercise class.

I mean, how hard could it be?

Plus I've been doing some exercise.... a few months ago I think... maybe...

But I also have a secret weapon!

I've seen the whole series of Hajime No Ippo!

Hajime is a japanese anime series about boxing. In the show you learn about hooks and jabs and shadow punches and dempsey rolls and training and all things boxing. (Btw, this series is the best anime series out there... if you don't believe me - look up the reviews on it).


And from the show, I've learnt that as long as you have 'the Will' and determination, anything is possible.

***** Recent phone conversation with girlfriend*****

"Hey, didn't you do a boxing class a week ago?" I asked.
"No. I did an aerobics and pump class....... "
"ohh.."

No comments: