Wednesday 4 July 2007

Compounded Interest

Recently, I've been trying to get myself into things that interest my girlfriend.

I thought, wouldn't it be nice if we could have healthy discussions about .

What a blow out that turned into!

In fact, I think I even made things worse.

:(

What ended up happening was I talked about things that I didn't really know much about. Plus I didn't have anything to back things up that I recently discovered.

To make it worse, I reacted in a way that was childish and a touch arrogant. Of course if its from the internet then its gotta be true!!

Hmm not good.

I honestly just wanted to stir an intellectual conversation.

What I failed to realise was that each one of us has a realm of specialty and navigating through that should be done carefully.

Kinda like me telling Michael Jordan not to do dunks because "I read from Hoops magazine that "jump shots allow for more opportunities and lower risks... '

I can imagine Mike giving me this "WTF?!" look already.

Then he'd probably head butt me with his ultra shinny bald head, cut himself and send me to court ,I go to jail, I meet up with Paris Hilton in the after prison party, gets mistaken as her Spanish lover, kidnapped by a psychopathic fan and is tortured to death in a gimp suit.

.
.
.

Okay maybe that is a bit far fetched.
But it could happen.

My point is, the intention was good, the execution was royally messed up.

Live and learn I guess.

No comments: